COUPON BOOT CAMP

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Super Super Day!!

Started my morning off, speaking to a few students at Laurel Oaks, my alma mater. Just sharing with them that if they have a dream of starting their own business that they should just GO FOR IT and never give up!! I shared my TV interviews and talked about my attitude during school. I could tell by the looks of some of them that they were there just to get out of class to hang out with with their friends. There were 3 though that when asked if they wanted to start their own business raised their hands. One boy wants to open a restaurant, I encouraged him to try it and be sure to invite me to his grand opening! You could tell by the look on his face that my believing in him was just the boost he needed.

I had invited my senior class teacher, Mrs. Hribar Creed and she attended. She was so encouraging and excited to see what I had created. Also my English teacher, Miss Walker, from Laurel Oaks was there. She totally looked the same except that she has lost weight. She had the same bubbly personality and warm smile!!

I was SO excited too to see Mrs. Hale there. I had her for English one year at East Clinton and LOVED her!! She was one of my most favorite teachers. I remember baking her a cake on her last day to let her know she would be missed! For those of you in this area, she is the wife of the late beloved Dr. Hale.

It was a fun time! I am thinking of talking with the school about offereing an Entrepreneurship class again. I am even willing to teach it!! ; )

But the day just got better from there. My teacher, Mrs. Creed, dropped a bombshell on me after the presentation. She asked me about my father, whom I didn't know. My mother never shared with anyone who his true identy was before she passed away in a car accident when I was only 1 1/2 yrs old. Everyone assumed it was the guy she married but the marriage didn't work out. But Mrs. Creed told me that her husband is certain he knows the man who is my father!! I am going to email her today and see if I can arrange a meeting with her husband to get the 411. It is amazing to think I may have a father living close. The other man I have always thought was my father also died in a car accident when I was 16 but I had never met him.

Then if the day couldn't get any better. I packed the kids up and ventured over to Super Kmart in Hillsboro to grab some steals from their Super Double Coupon Sale!! Got some great stock to give away at my Boot Camps!! Was a little disappointed that some of their shelves were bare on things I wanted. They don't restock well but hopefully when I return on Thursday they will have restocked.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment